Pages

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

recent shoes.

When I made this blog, I spent days trying to think of a name.

A perfect pair fits well.  Because, obviously the husband and I are a perfect pair.  But another reason was because I wanted to focus more on the crafty things I love so much, and one thing I've done a bit of lately is custom shoes (which I think is excellent.)  So, a perfect pair.  And, my more recent shoes:


These were for my cousin, who wanted a couple of album covers of her favorite band.  To paint shoes I mix acrylic craft paint with a fabric paint medium.  They should hold up pretty well, but I still don't wear my painted shoes when it's rainy or snowing.  (They are really cool.)




These were for another cousin.  She wanted custom wedding shoes.  I should have taken a picture before I sent them to her, but eventually they looked like the bottom picture.
These were the first shoes I decorated without paint.  I sewed the lace on, and glued the ribbon.


The last pair I did was for my youngest sister.  I realized that it was super rude of me to not have made her any yet, so they were her Christmas gift.  These were really easy, I just tea stained the shoes, and replaced the laces with lace.
Oh.  I did do custom soles and they gave me a bit of trouble.  I am not sure I'd do them again.

So yes.  That is my talent of making custom shoes. 
There will probably be more.


No comments: